Hello My name is anthony and I am an avid student. I am now getting ready for the CPE in December, nonetheless I must say that I am terrible at adv idioms and phrasal verbs (I mean the advanced one often required in the exam), do you have any suggestion of articles, magazines or even books so that i can get the message across easily ? Regards =D Anthony CPEsamplewritings: Hello Anthony. There are a couple of posts about idioms, sayings and phrasal verbs in the blog. Let me just share the links with you: Idioms from A to Z http://cpesamplewritings.blogspot.de/p/idioms-from-to-z.html Idioms with Animals http://cpesamplewritings.blogspot.de/p/idioms-with-animals.html Phrasal Verbs http://cpesamplewritings.blogspot.de/p/phrasal-verbs.html I hope it helps and thanks for writing and following the blog.
Using different English Idioms will help you to impress the examiner in the CPE Speaking Exam. You can also use idioms in your writings but take into consideration that idioms are informal . This means that it is a good idea to use them in a friendly letter or in a light-hearted article, but not in a formal document like an essay or a report. Click to see How to write a Report and How to write an Essay. List of idioms from A to Z A A chink in sb´s armour . Example: She is the best student in the class but her poor spelling is the chink in her armour . B Spill the beans . Example: I know you have a secret. C´mon tell me. Spill the beans . C Let the cat out of the bag. Example: You are not good at keeping secrets. Tell us now. Let the cat out of the bag. That´s the way the cookie crumbles . Example: I can´t believe she decided to go to the graduation dance with Sam instead of me. But well, that´s the way the cookie crumbles . D Look like...
Dear Gustavo, I came across your website and I would like to accept the offer to send a writing task for correction. In the attachment you will find a letter to the editor. I am preparing for the CPE Exam in May. Thanks in advance for your time and I look forward to hear from you. Best wishes, Miranda Star Dear Editor, I am writing in response to a letter from one reader in the Saturday’s edition of your magazine stating that family life has not changed over the last twenty years. I would like to point out some opinions on this topic. In the first place, when we discuss about family life we must take a closer look at the variation within families as constituted in the past twenty years. A family plays different roles. In the modern world of today there are many types of how families are formed . Besides the traditional families with a father and mother figure there are single-parent families, gay-parents, community families and grand-parents who play a significant role in the...
Comments
Post a Comment